Friday, November 24, 2023

Maui 911 Calls During Lahaina Fire

Remember this? they still need us! It is now November 2023, and I am hearing these for the first time. It is very weird to hear the calls and how calm some people were after I watched many videos of inside the cars and others and how it looked and how frightening it was, and the callers are mostly very calm and polite. A lot of comments are accusing the dispatch of being rude, but I hear a lot of trying to keep people calm, and I think there was a lot of confusion about what exactly was going on. I mean.... what do you tell someone who is saying they can't get out and are surrounded by fire....
There is so much more that could have been done to get those roads open though and get more out! I do see there is a lot of neglect that happened with not enough water, no power, no sirens, on and on and on..... but there are others that are trying to help each other, and lots of fear and confusion.... this is a situation that does need more investigation, and some money to the survivors ASAP.
As the calls are coming in, it is really painful to see the path of the fires and how some places are not touched at all, some right in the middle of, or right next to flattened places.... very suspicious, I do have eyes of my own to see what I see no matter what the final conclusion is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home